Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Tweakui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigpom1

Technical User
Sep 3, 2003
AU
I have been valiantly trying to load Tweakui but keep getting a message that says Cannot find tweakui.inf when it is 75% loaded. The file it is looking for is the file that you right click on to install it. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I am trying to load it into Win98SE and have loaded a copy from my Windows disc, a download from the net, and a magazine disc, all with the same result. Surely I can't be the only one who has experienced this situation.

BigPom1;
this prob. I haven't seen yet...
First try to remove all your Temp install failures, search the REG for Tweakui and delete keys named and values only for keys such as
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
and reboot.

if you haven't installed Poledit or used tweakui in the past , go here and remove the values
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

concentrate on the D/l ver updated 1.33 from MS, as it's much less buggy than the 98 FE CD ver
Aren't you installing by right clicking the .inf file and choosing Install....??

try the Add/Remove Programs >> Windows Setup >> Have Disk
and point it to the .inf

TT4U

Notification:
These are just my thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs

Yes, I am using the right-click/Install function and have used Add/Remove to get rid of the partial install. I have tried pointing to Tweakui.inf and it still says it can't find it. Will try your other suggestions this weekend. Thank you for taking the time to reply.....Dave from Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back