Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertMottram

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
GB
We are currently having a problem with installing a program using install sheild, I was hoping someone might have some knowedge about a solution.
We are using a silent install file which we have created. We have some almost identical computers, and I think the only difference is one one a windows update has been done. One extra file we have found is MSI.DLL which is to do with Microsoft installer.
If we make a slient install script a machine without MSI.DLL it will not work on a machine with it or the other way round.
The program install just closes without doing a reboot and the installed program is different.

I know this is not totaly the right place to ask, but I did not know where else to find a solution.
If any one could help it would be very useful

Thank you

Rob

Hey Rob,

What version of OS are you trying to install to? Are you using Installshield Express - if so what version? I know that you need to have Service Pack 6 on your target machine, if you're trying to install to NT 4.0. using Installshield express 3.53 - but the failed installation should've reported that... hmmmm I'll wait for you to give me some more info... Thanks!
LeGo PiEcE

"The Computer Spock! Destroy it!" - Captain James T. Kirk

Sorry, should have said.
All computers are running windows 98.
It is install shield verion 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back