Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install service

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwgreen

Programmer
Mar 23, 2006
CA
We have an issue here where a service is missing from our workstations. We get the image of the OS from somewhere else, and it seems that the "Resultant Set of Policy Provider" is missing from all of them. Is there a way that I can add this after the fact? And what would be preferable is being able to install it on all the workstations in the domain remotely.

Thanks,

Brian

I read through it - I am looking to install the service. I can run RSoP, but only in Logging mode - Planning mode is greyed out. I have access to some machines that don't have this build of the image on them - they have the Resultant Ser Of Policy Provider service, and can run RSoP in Planning mode with no issues.

Do you have this file on the Workstations that are missing that Service, C:\WINDOWS\system32\RSoPProv.exe? If so is it identical to files on working system?

In Services is the RSoP provider running under the Local System account?

Do they have this Registry Key mentioned here?

Supporting RSoP Planning Mode

You could try the Server forums too.

Program file (rsopprov.exe) - yes.

Registry key (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WEindows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtentions\CLSID) - no. I went through all the folders in the key mentioned (since they are all CLSID names) - nothing. Is all that is needed is to register the rsopprov.exe?

I can't guide you any further in this matter due to lack of knowledge on my part. I can tell you that you don't register .exe files only .dll files.

You could look at the Registry of working systems and compare them with non-working systems.

" I went through all the folders in the key mentioned (since they are all CLSID names) - nothing"????? Does that mean nothing (at all) in any of the folders or nothing relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back