Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install SAV 8.0 MSI on Win 2000 with System user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugbear0001

Programmer
Dec 3, 2002
AU
I am having problems deploying the Symantec Antivirus 8.0 msi onto Windows 2000 using in house deployment tools.

I have MSI2.0 and ISScript7 previously installed on the machine, the SAV msi file is generated using the Symantec Packager application. The SAV8.0 msi file is installed via a script which runs the msi as the Windows 2000 System user.

I am seeing the following behaviour:
Log on as a user with local admin rights - the installation runs successfully.
Log on as a locked down user - the installation fails at custom action ISMSIServerStartup.

(Also tried logging in as locked down user, then did a 'run-as' the admin user - successful)

Any help will be appreciated...

Cheers

If your using Group Policy, assign the package to Computer configuration. Make sure ender both User/Computer Administrative templates Windows installer, always install with elevated privileges is enabled. (check Force)

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back