Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

install problems. Program won't load 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

beck

Programmer
Mar 22, 1999
US
I have completed writing a program, created the exe and then went to compile. The program appeared to compile without error. During installation the seven initial files went in and then I received an error message stating cannot start main setup program. I also received error code 0x000000C1H. A message also appeared during the final compile of the software where it stated that since I was loading mdac_type.exe that I would also have to load DCOM98. I would appreciate any help on this as I have exhausted all avenues at this point. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. <p> <br><a href=mailto:accrec@intergrafix.net>accrec@intergrafix.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Well I guess you added the &quot;DCOM98&quot; to the install?????<br>
<p> DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

To fix this problem, install DCOM on the target machine. Either DCOM95 or DCOM98 can be used. The latest version of DCOM95 can be found at the following Web address: <br>
<br>
Microsoft COM at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new">Alternatively, DCOM98 can be installed by running DCOM98.exe found in the DCOM98 folder on the Visual Basic 6.0 CD-ROM, Disk 1. Please note that DCOM98 can install DCOM on both Windows 95 and Windows 98 machines. <br>
<br>
<br>
<p>Eric De Decker<br><a href=mailto:vbg.be@vbgroup.nl>vbg.be@vbgroup.nl</a><br><a href= Center : Visual Basic Center</a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back