Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Problems after Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craftor

Programmer
Feb 1, 2001
NZ
Hi to the gurus again.

I'm having a bit of a problem installing a package I created with the package and deployment wizard. No problems occur when I package it but when i want to install the program, after the message box saying 'Setup is updating your system', I get a fatal error saying:

"The file 'C:\TEMP\msftqws.pdw\$(DLLSelfRegisterEx)' could not be registered because it could not be found."

I have no idea what this file is or why it should be found in the first place.

Help PLEASE.

Thanks as always

The Craftor

:cool:

Are you installing your app onto an unknown computer?

No - I tried to install it to my local machine (as a test) as well as to several other machines at the office and I got the same error every time - even on my local machine

You might try to reinstall your VB. MS keeps track of each object resident to VB and Added. If you do not have a license then the installation will be discontinued.

Also, don't forget to erase any directories which are not deleted by the automatic process.

Before you do anything, check out the following thread:

thread222-187412

I think this is a bug with VB. I just experienced it last week, myself:)

Still no luck people *sniff* :( - can you reply to me on the above-mentioned thread please?

Still no luck people *sniff* :-( - can you reply to me on the above-mentioned thread please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back