Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Problem Patch Q837009 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidia

MIS
Nov 15, 2002
ID
Dear all,

I have already downloaded the security patch Q837009 for WinXP from Microsoft website and when I tried to install this patch, there is an error message: "This update requires Outlook Express 6.0 to be installed". My computer has O/S WinXP Service Pack 1 with Outlook Express and IE 6.0 have already installed by default (my Outlook version is 6.00.2800.1123 and my IE version is 6.00.2800.1106.xpsp1),what I should do with this problem because this security patch have to be installed immediately (Critical) for preventing the Download.Ject worm.
Thanks for your kind help....

Have you downloaded the correct update for your version of Outlook Express? Very often updates are split into SP1 versions and non SP1 versions.

Let Windows Updates scan your machine and then install that version it selects for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back