Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Perl 5.6.1.638 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstevens66

Programmer
Dec 7, 2005
US
Hi-
Trying to install Perl 5.6.1 and when I downloaded the zip file from ActiveState I got the following error-

C:\Utils\ActivePerl-5.6.1.638-MSWin32-x86>installer.bat
Win32API::Registry object version 0.22 does not match bootstrap parameter 0.23 a
t D:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_1\perl\5.6.1\lib\MSWin32-x86/DynaLoader.pm line 22
Compilation failed in require at installer.bat line 49.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at installer.bat line 49.

Frankly, I'm not sure what that means... Anyone else have this problem?

I also downloaded ActivePerl-5.6.1.638-MSWin32-x86.msi and got to the point it said 'copying files...' and just bombed out saying 'there is a problem with this Windows Installer Package'.

Has anyone else had these issues? Anywhere besides ActivePerl to get this? I'm running Windows XP.

I would try the install on another (fresh) machine to see if the problem lies with the install files, or whether there are some interactions with your existing applications.

Try installing perl 5.8, hopefully it has a higher version of the Win32API::Registry module

- Kevin, perl coder unexceptional!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back