Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Openserver 6 to Intel D510MO mini-ATX system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivessm

Programmer
Nov 30, 2003
US
Hello, I know this is a shot in the dark but here goes.

I'm trying to load SCO Openserver 6 on an Intel D510MO system that has a dual core Atom processor on it. So far I get past the spash screen and legal warning then the following:

PANIC Kernel-mode address fault on kernel address 0xF000FF53
Kernel page fault from (cs:eip) = (100:C00FDD6A)

This board is net next evolution of the Intel D945GCLF2 board.

I have searched the web and tried disabling the USB ports, no change.

Does anyone have a suggestion or direction I can go? Thanks.

stew

Hi.

You are out of luck - SCO does not support any ATOM processors at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Pat Welch, UBB Computer Services, a WCS Affiliate
SCO Authorized Partner
Microlite BackupEdge Certified Reseller
Unix/Linux/Windows/Hardware Sales/Support
(209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
E-mail: patubb@inreach.com

PatW,

Well, thanks for the news. Good or bad.

It's a shame there is no support for Atom Processors. These are excellent boards for kiosk type installations.

My main objective here in trying to get SCO Unix to run on this board is to run a dBase application I wrote years ago and run under dBase for UNIX. Yes, dBase from the original Ashton Tate and then Borland. Easy development, runs across many platforms, and does the job.

I should probably see if this code would run under Linux. I see some play time coming up.

Thanks again for the input. Considering SCO's current state I would not expect any change in their current offerings.

stew

PatW,

An afterthought question.

Do you know if Unixware will load on the Atom Processor boards? I have a version of dBase both for UNIX and one for Unixware. If I can get Unixware loaded on this board I'll be out of the woods.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

stew

OSR6 and UnixWare7.1.4 are the same OS ...

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Well, this JUST appeared today for OS 6.0.0 and 5.0.7:

It is the only ATOM board listed as "compatible" - not your model unfortunately.

"compatible" as opposed to "certified" usually means someone somewhere got it to work (and told SCO about it), usually by using Duct tape, super glue, tubs of aspirin and arcane incantations ...

The official announcement with the URL on the specific workarounds needed has not appeared yet, so wait a few days and it might appear before you run out and buy 100 of the "compatible" MB's.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Pat Welch, UBB Computer Services, a WCS Affiliate
SCO Authorized Partner
Microlite BackupEdge Certified Reseller
Unix/Linux/Windows/Hardware Sales/Support
(209) 745-1401 Cell: (209) 251-9120
E-mail: patubb@inreach.com

Pat, Thanks for posting this info. I'd say I'm 90% there with this info. The board they are referencing, Intel D945GCLF2 is the previous board to the newer D510MO.

Hopefully there will be some posting as to the install switches to get around the hicup at the beginning. And probably a little black magic to boot.

Gee, I hope there is a Friday the 13th coming up soon so I can get this installed.

Thanks again.

stew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back