Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install of wireless card causes unwanted sound to play after install

Status
Not open for further replies.

suelew

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
US
I have installed an Orinoco Silver 11mb wireless PC card on a Sony Vaio laptop. Everything appears to have loaded correctly (driver and Client Manager) and the wireless card connects successfully to the network. After restarting the system (Windows 2000) once the software was loaded, the system now plays a sound (series of tones) every 10 seconds or so. To stop the sound I have muted the volume control in the system tray. I would like to turn this sound off other than muting the volume though as the user does use sound for other applications. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can turn off this annoying sound? Thank you in advance!

suelew

sorry, i searched but couldn't find anything out for you. "Jack of all trades. Master of none."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back