Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install of the ARCserve 2K exhange agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2001
US
I'm having a lot of trouble getting the Exchange agent installed. I have a Windows 2K member server. I set up the user "dbagent" up with the following permissions.

AD Rights on the DC:
Administrators, Domain Users, Backup Operators

Local rights:
Administrators, Backup operators
Additionally I edited the local security policy to allow the dbagent account to log on locally, and log on as a service.

I went under the organization and delegated the Exhange Administrator to the dbagent account.

When I try and install the agent I get an error "failed to get the information for the specified account, EC=1314"

I don't know what to do any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks-
Bill Swanson

I had the same problem, i found that the recipient database was inconsistant but the microsoft db checker missed it on verify mode. Repair mode fixed the problem.

Hope that helps, Cheers Andy.

Andy-
I'm really new to this whole thing can you give me more instruction on how you did this? I was looking and I think I know what to do, but I want to make sure.

Thanks-
Bill

More specifically do I use eseutil? If so, what is the name of the recipient database so I can check it?
Thanks-
Bill

I experienced this same problem with the Arcserve
agent. My problem appears to have been triggered when
I renamed the "Display Name" of the Exchange mailbox
associated with the account used as the Arcserve
service account.

In any case, the eseutil.exe program with a /p
option seemed to do the trick.

It's hidden, but you have to make the agent a Domain Admin user, and make that it's primary group. Additionally, in all three levels of Exchange, you must click File, properties, and make that mailbox a system admin role. (well, whatever the S(xxx) admin role is, sorry, I've had a few Rebel Yell and ginger ale's). Then it should work.

I've got the same problem as those in this thread but applying sp3, changing the memberships, and using eseutil hasn't helped. I ran eseutil like this "eseutil /p priv1.edb" Is that right?

I had no luck with eseutil either or SP3. I finally broke down and called computer associates. My problem all revolved around the fact I didn't give the dbagent account an alias once I did that it connected. Hope this helps.

Bill Swanson

I'm still in the same boat. My dbagent account already has an alias of dbagent that was created with I made the account in AD. I think I'm going to have to break down and pay CA the $95 call...blasted!

Hi Everybody,

I have done all these things as well, Win2K SP2, Exchange 5.5, Arcserve 2000 SP3

the dbagent account has domain and local account, all group memberships, advanced user rights. he also has exch service admin rights everywhere.

Did you ever manage to get this fixed, I've got the same problems , the only way I even get the thing to even try an authenticate is if I put the local machine name where the domain should go. If I put the domain in I get EC=122. There must be some cure, I have been trying to get this mother to work for about a week!

Any ideas gratefully received.

Did this issue ever get resolved. I am having the same issue on an Exchange 200 server. The "dbagent" account has all of the account/group memberships that it should on the domain and local computer levers, and is part of the exchange administrators group in exchange.

Even after an SP4 installation over the agent I'm still getting the EC=1314 error.

Throw me a rope

Oink

Pigboy

Verify that the service for Exchange database agent has been started. It is called "Backup agent RPC server" under Control Panel, Services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back