Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install libGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateBro

Programmer
Sep 1, 2004
US
I'm haveing a lot of truble remembering how to install the GD lib on my computer, i installed it on my lap top a year ago, but have no idea how i did it.

any help would be great! thanks!

I rememberd i used cpan.bat it downloaded ok, but i can't get it to install...

i get this:
Code:
cpan> install GD
Running install for module 'GD'
Running make for L/LD/LDS/GD-2.35.tar.gz
  Has already been unwrapped into directory C:\Perl\cpan\build\GD-2.35-la9DsP
Could not make: Unknown error
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

~Nate_Bro

Code Snippets just because

Are you using activestate?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[noevil]
Travis - Those who say it cannot be done are usually interrupted by someone else doing it; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

GD

The GD module, used for the creation and manipulation of industry standard PNG format images, now works with Windows and can be installed using PPM (the Perl Package Manager).

The package is not currently available in the ActiveState repository because of external library requirements that do not work with ActiveState's automated build system. PPM packages for the GD module can be found in other public repositories and installed as follows.

For a perl 5.8
ppm install For a perl 5.6
ppm install

from

[noevil]
Travis - Those who say it cannot be done are usually interrupted by someone else doing it; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

All I can say is the above was quoted directly from activestate.

[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back