Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install keycodes via dial up modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tball1

Technical User
Apr 4, 2010
US
Does any one have the steps to remote in to cs 1000m via a modem and transfer the keycode files I have been using procom to attempt this . thanks

You can use LD 143/KMAN for manual entry keycodes.

you can use xmodem to transfer the file over or as Gluker says use KMAN and type it all in

kman would be ok if you still got the paper copy of the codes, on the xmodem transfer to cf2 or to the directory location?

bignose21 can you load the license file via ucm this vx works I could not find any place to do it I no you can on co res machine

Xmodem transfer via PDT to /cf2/keycode is how I do it, then the KDIF/KNEW commands in LD 143 to check/apply the new licenses.

if your CS1K is connected to your corporate LAN, you could just connect there and FTP the file over using the Command prompt in Windows. Let me know if you do and I can post the instructions here.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

I will need to look it up to confirm but think in pdt change directory to cf2 make a keycode directory if it doesn't exist. Change to the keycode directory, I think its rx in pdt to receive a file then send over using xmodem

If you are not familiar with PDT I would be very cautious.

bignose21 if you can find or confirm steps that would be great or any one else for that matter. thanks everyone for the update post. And yes kcflhrc it is to be cautious when entering pdt area.

Mikepbxb I guess as the question is to send the file via modem ftp/sftp etc is not available as that would be too easy. You should be able in PDT to go:

pdt> cd /cf2
pdt> ls
pdt> mkdir keycode <---This is only if the directory doesnt already exist
pdt> cd keycode
pdt> rx keycode.kcd

now upload the file keycode.kcd with xmodem from procom, and hopefully file transfers

into LD 143 and "knew rmd" choose the keycode.kcd

Hope that all works been over 20 years since I used rx in PDT but its still there in RLS 7.6:

pdt> help
Available commands:

devs echo enlPPP exit
h help hosts i
lkup mem passwd pppBegin
pppEnd rdaccess rx slipBegin
slipEnd sx ti version
vx formatCf2

Etc.

Many thanks bignose21 for the update I appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.