Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Great Plains 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2008
US
our SBS 2000 server crashed and we are in the process of reinstalling everything.we did manage to get a backup of the hard drive just after the crash.

Now i have installed SQL Server 2000, attached the other databases which were .mdfs.

I cannot login as 'sa' onto LocalServer in eEnterprise Utilities. tells me that "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the userID and password you entered. Contact your system administrator or attempt to login again using a different ID."

Now we cannot use the sp_help_revlogin thing since the old server is not there anymore.

How do we get around this?any help would be great.

strange thing was i couldn't even login as 'sa'.

New,

You will be able to log in using the sa password that you specified when you did your new SQL 2000 installation. You may have to recreate all of your users as they would not have been transferred over to the new SQL instance - they may exist in your GP databases but they do not exist in SQL server with roles and security settings.

Lyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back