Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

install error under Win2k, latest cygwin/cygwin IPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpeliam

Programmer
Mar 17, 2000
US
As admin in win2k, I downloaded the tar.gz. I untarred it from cygwin, ran ./configure, and then make. I received the following error while running make:

----

gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../src/interfa
ces/libpq -I../../../src/include -I/usr/local/include -c -o tab-complete.o tab-
complete.c
gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations command.o common.o hel
p.o input.o stringutils.o mainloop.o copy.o startup.o prompt.o variables.o large
_obj.o print.o describe.o tab-complete.o -L../../../src/interfaces/libpq -lpq -L
/usr/local/lib -g -lz -lcrypt -lreadline -lcygipc -o psql
tab-complete.o(.text+0x2a36):tab-complete.c: undefined reference to `filename_co
mpletion_function'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [psql] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/Administrator/postgresql-7.1.3/src/bin/psql'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Administrator/postgresql-7.1.3/src/bin'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Administrator/postgresql-7.1.3/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

----

there's obviously a lot of output before this, but I hope that this is all that's necessary. If you need to see more, let me know. so you know... the tar is in /home/Administrator, which explains the path. Like I mentioned in the subject line, I'm running the absolute latest version of Cygwin and Cygwin IPC daemon. Please, any suggestions would be helpful.

I just installed rpm for cygwin- might I have better luck there? Liam Morley
lmorley@wpi.edu
"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back