Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install error - can't find Exchange 5.5 object in LDAP (0X103FC93)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmillerl

MIS
Nov 15, 2002
US
We have a W2K domain w/an Exchange 5.5 server. I'm in the process of migrating to Exchange 2003, which I'm installing on a W2003 member server. I've used the Exdeploy tool, and run through the ADC Tools setup. When I try to install 2003, I get the message:

Got error while attempting to bind 0X103FC93(64659) unable to find object

It's looking for an LDAP protocol object for my Exchange site and my Exchange 5.5 server, but isn't finding it. How can I check to make sure it exists? Can I use ADSI edit to check and, if so, how?

I reran the install using the netbios name instead of the FQDN for the Exchange 5.5 server, and got past this error message.

I have this same error but am unable to correct. Can you tell me further how you fixed it?

We have an exchange server (named exchange on a standalone nt4 box) and I put in "exchange" to join the site and it says it cannot find it. And as far as i know that is the netbios name. any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Found out that it was a DLL issue. The DLL's on the 5.5 server were running at 56bit encryption and the DLL's on the 2000 server were running at 128. Had to call microsoft for the updated 5.5 DLL's. That fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back