Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install COM+ component in windows 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

richali

Programmer
Oct 30, 2002
TT
hello,
We have developed a distributed application on windows 2000 server with COM+ services. The COM components are developed in Visual C++ 6.0 Dlls. I am trying to create a remote accessible package, which can be accessed by the client as well.
Now, On the server machine(win 2000), I could not even reach to the point where i could 'export' the package. When i try to create the package, i have to select "install new component" vs "import already registered components". There are two problems here:
1) If i register the dll (regsvr32 dllname), and then "import" it, it creates the application ok. But then when i try to 'export', it gives me a warning
"
Warning
---------------------------
One or more of the components in this application were imported. As a result, those components do not contain interface and method information. Exporting this application may create an application which is unusable on other machines.
-----------------
OK "

If i ignore the warning and continue then, the installation on client machine fails.
2) If I dont follow the step 1; on the server machine(win 2000) dont register the dll and select "install new components", select the dll and try to install, install fails.

Both the two steps work fine with xp machine, but i have to install that in win2000 machine. and I am stuck.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back