Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

install CE10 Express MSDE (not SQL server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharonniles

Programmer
May 31, 2001
US
I just started working with Crystal Reports and Enterprise. I have Windows XP professional and MS Access 2003. I don't have a database server. Although several months ago I tried out SQL server. I deleted SQL and cleared the resgistry. However, when I try to install CE10, I get the error:

Current Microsoft/SQL Configuration. Inappropriate configuration is detected. SQL 2000 is detected on this machine. The MSDE cannot be installed. The CMS database cannot be created on this system. Press the next button to provide a DB connection to a supported database.

Where is enterprise looking for server information? Where and/or how can I delete the files so that MSDE can be installed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi,
Somewhere your system has an indicator that SqlServer is installed..( One of the 'nice' things about Windows and MS products is the lack of clean uninstalls).

Do a full Directory search and a registry search for any reference to SqlServer...

[profile]

Also make sure you don't even have the SQL Enterprise Manager installed. Crystal detects that as SQL server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back