Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Alert MAnager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dito74

MIS
Aug 18, 2003
US
Here's a new problem with BAB11:
I recently downloaded a new patch for the device (QO57427), released 2 days ago. When I go to apply, it's saying that I still have Arcserve 7.0 installed (of course I do, when I upgrade to BAB11, the SETUP process propted me if I wanted to leave the old version there for debug purposes, would you say "NO" to that???), anyway, this time I tried to un-install the old version, I did that and I removed all the files from the old folder: I still get the message when I go to apply the patch!
I tried to reboot, still the same message. Si I said: "Let's just not to install this!"
Now I have a different problem: when I open Alert Manager, it's saying it's not installed. I tried to use the "Repair" feautre from "ADD/Remove PRograms" but it didn't install it.

Q: How do I re-install the ALERT MANAGER software?

I'm not aware of a seperate install just for Alert. I think it is only installed when installing either ARCserve or E-Trust AntiVirus/Inoculan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back