Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Alchemy Voicemail Pro on XP machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokez

Vendor
Nov 5, 2002
NZ
Does anyone know how to make Alchemy VM Pro works on XP machine

It's Argent Office 2.2 (1070), VM Pro 2.2 (10), I couldn't get respone from VM, on VM Pro Server, it shows:

BulkInfoRequest 3
Initialize Sequencer tx_seq=0, rx_seq=1
0 mailboxes were open (but not active) when flushed

I tried VM Lite, it works, also I removed SP2, nothing has changed.

Cheers

It's hit and miss. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. I've spoken to people who've tried and sometimes they were lucky and got it to work but the majority of times they tried it just wouldn't.

You won't get any support from a distributor or Avaya because it simply isn't supported. XP wasn't even a glint in Bill Gates' eye when the Alchemy was around.

The message on VMPro looks ok to me. Have you got firewall enabled on that machine?

Sorry smokez, just read your post again and you say the VM Lite works ok.

I would agree with disturbedone as I haven't ever managed to install VMPro on XP successfully, always had to build a Windows 2000 machine to run it on.

And watch out for older sites that upgrade their 2000 pro clients to Xp then want phone manager reinstalled for some reason...gotta upgrade their whole phone system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back