Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

instaling 9i as

Status
Not open for further replies.

9iguy

Programmer
Aug 6, 2003
VE
I´m about to install oracle 9i AS rel 2, would anyone out there help me with some tips about the installing process.

I have an oracle server with only one database, and all the clients connects to it with tnsname.ora file generated by the sql net easy config.

I´ve been reading some helpful tips about 9i AS and I red once that 9iAS should be in a diferent server than database server.

ok we bought a new server now i´m kind of afraid of intalling AS because is totally new for me, if someone could give me some tips and some help, about which things do I need to configure? and what do I have to change in the clients connection?, is necesary to change the tnsname.ora file to connect to AS server and then the server where AS is installed connects to the database server?.

I have like a ton of questions.

thank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back