Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insight Manager Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneworld

MIS
Sep 3, 1999
US
Has anyone seen the following problem:<br>
<br>
Insight Manager reports an error for a machine. You go through your normal steps and verify everything is alright. When you go into Insight Manager to mark the item corrected it gives you an error message to verify your community strings and will not let you mark the item corrected. <br>
<br>
I know some people have seen this based on the Compaq forum but no solid info has been given there. I am hoping someone hear can help.<br>
<br>
Thanks <p> <br><a href=mailto: oneworld@goes.com> oneworld@goes.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Check your community string.&nbsp;&nbsp;This will happen if you have different community strings for read and write access.&nbsp;&nbsp;SNMP will use caps for the comm. string, so be carefull.<br><br>

Yes I have verified all the strings etc.&nbsp;&nbsp;I even tried everything from the compaq forum which evolves around write access/ sp level etc etc etc....<br><br>Please Help <p> <br><a href=mailto: oneworld@goes.com> oneworld@goes.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Have u tried opening up a case with 1-800-OKCOMPAQ ????

As long as u have service coverage,&nbsp;&nbsp;(which I am assuming)&nbsp;&nbsp;might as well use it....I have had good luck with 1-800-OKCOMPAQ and that case number system of theirs.<br>Compaq has a tendancy for neglecting their boards unless u can get into the active answer boards and there they r a little better because its geared for COMPAQ resellers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back