Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insight manager agents on HP DeskPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapy

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2005
GB
for reasons of cost we have used a number of HP DeskPro workstations as the hardware platform for 2003 Domain Controllers at our very small satelight offices (say 8 users, 64k frame pipe ... I KNOW!!!) - only one dc at each site, but there to reduce network traffic (comms in UK are expensive) and to also provide AV updates, SUS, DHCP, DNS etc..

i want to get these onto our insight management to monitor hardware failures, integrated logs etc. mainly for hard disk fails & BSD's

we have installed the deskpro smtp client (5.1), so we can see the info from the desktop and the IM monitoring station (ver 4.2) can see the remote server, but it doesnt give us anything useful and you cant get to to the system management home page (https:\\localhost:2381)

anyone got IM agents working fully on a client (either server or workstations OS), or any i simply barking in entirely the wrong forest??

You used to be able to install the CIM agents on Workstations but only up to about v5.3 or v5.4 or so, versions after that wouldn't work, mainly because the CIM system management driver wouldn't install on anything except a server after that.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back