Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting Visio Object in Word Print Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaB

Programmer
Apr 23, 2001
AU
Hi,

When I insert my Visio 2000 diagram into Word 2000 as an object it all looks okay. Even when I print preview, everything appears as expected. However in the actual printout the diagram is wrong. It appears huge, but only a small part can be seen (i.e. very close up), from what I can tell the top left of the diagram is shown.

Some of the diagrams that I have inserted into the Word document as objects are printed correctly. The size of the Visio file does not seem to affect which are printed correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Donna.

I've had similar problems. to solve it, in Visio, select all objects and save as a GIF or JPG file. then in word, insert from file. when the document is finished, I delete the GIF or JPG file, and just keep the visio object in the CM library.

it never gave me a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back