Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting records into Teradata tables from flat file using Interagate

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulnlk4

Technical User
Feb 15, 2002
CA
Hello folks,

I have exported a file using the Export functionality available in Interagate. This data has been exported from our production server and the data is in a comma delimited flat file. Can I use Interagate to import records from this flat file into my tables in test server. I cannot figure out a way how to use Insert statement having the input from a flat file. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Paul

Im not sure of the platform you are working from UNIX or windows, but the Teradata BTEQ or Queryman application should fit your needs. If you are in a PC environment, the ODBC driver can allow inserts using a wide range of apps including MSAccess

If you have used FastExport to export the data file, you have an option of generating mload script for loading the same file back to teradata.
Open this mload file in editor and make changes as per your desired target database and run the script.

I hope this should help you.

usatish

All,

As in most companies I have Windows-NT workstation installed on my laptop. Teradata is on NCR. To access data we have 3 ways:

1) BTEQ - Used by submitting Host jobs
2) MS-ACCESS - Popularly used by our user community.
3) Interagate - Used by developers like me in our company.

I had logged onto Teradata Production server and exported a (Select * from loan_table) into a comma+quote delimited flat-file. My question was how to insert these exported records from the loan table onto our Test server.

After reading thru the replies here and reading the Interagate help, I finally figured out a way to Insert records into the Test Server using Interagate. You can issue the following Insert command in Interagate session:

Insert into loan_table values(?,?,?,?)

? - This is like a variable. Interagate will automatically go and read the file specified in the Import option and format it according to the DDL of the table. We do not have to worry about the Display data.

Let me know if this helps - I just figured to share the knowledge I gained.

Thanks,
Paul

Thx - you can also do this (with identical syntax) in Queryman.

SiM Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back