Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting Pictures in Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chonkey

Technical User
Aug 3, 2005
CA
hello everyone,

Im doing a film for class and was wondering how i would insert a picture from the web in Premiere.

is there any special size the picture has to be?
can it be a JPEG, or does it have to be something else?

cheers

Yes you can use a jpeg. Just make sure that the jpeg is the same aspect ratio as your Premier project settings (i.e. 720 x 480 or whatever). You may need to use Photoshop or another photo editor to get this right. Depending on your video card you may have to render the image before you will see the image when you play the timeline.

Thanks Pixelchik

another question.

can i do this in paint and does it have to be the same size as the aspect ratio or can i view it if its smaller?

thanks
cheers

I don't think you can set the aspect ratio in Paint. You could just create a document that has that aspect in any available graphics program, import your graphic/photo and then export that to a jpeg if you can. Also Premiere will size the graphic to fit the frame, it just may have to be stretched or cropped.

Premiere up to 6.5 sized clips to the frame.

Premiere Pro, by default, retains original clip size unless you either set the option under project general or use Motion to resize the timeline clip.

Premiere 6.5 does automatically resize pictures to fit the frame, oftentimes making distorted images. I prefer to just right-click on the pic, and select 'Maintain Aspect Ratio'. Portrait-oriented photos do not completely fill the frame (in width), but I think that's better than cropping the image to the frame size. My two cents.

In Premiere up to 6.x you can choose whether by default Maintain Aspect Ratio is on or off for new imports by altering the setting in Preferences.

Once imported, the same choice is still available using the clip menu/right click.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back