Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inserting multiple blocks from a directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugg

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
Anybody out there know how to (or of a LISP routine that will) insert multiple blocks from a directory into an array in one drawing file? I've got a blocks-CD from a vendor that has all their items in individual files with a cryptic file-naming system and I don't want to spend the time wading through the binder & cross-referencing...

any help would be much appreciated

tia
bugg

Since no one has replied...

Couldn't tell you how to get the individual blocks into an AutoCAD array, but how about a quick and dirty script routine? Just increment your insertion point for each block, and maybe optionally label each block.

-INSERT
<<Drive:\Path\BlockFilename.dwg>>
-INSERT
<<Drive:\Path\BlockFilename2.dwg>>

You get the idea. I have done this and used excel to increment my insertion points and then just save the file to a text file (then rename your file with the extension ".scr") and then run the file.

HTH
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back