Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inserting more than one name into a field

Status
Not open for further replies.

chendes

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
GB
Hi can anyone help.

I am trying to insert more than one first name into the firstname field where address1 is the same for the names. This is so I do't send the same information to the same address more than once. I hope to mail merge the data.

qrypromo
title,firstname,surmame,address1,address2,town,county,postcode.

any help greatly appreciated
cheers
geoff

Is that enough? In this liberated day and age, it's quite possible for "Joe Brown" and "Mary Smith" to live at the same address but "Joe & Mary Brown" would not be an accurate "First Name" - "Last Name" combination. What about the situation where 5 people with different last names live at the same address? Do you still combine first names?

The next question is ...

Suppose that you have two records ... do you want each record updated with the combination of all first names or just one of them? If just one, which one?

And finally ...

Are you trying to combine first names within this table or do you just want a separate query that shows all first names and a single occurrence of the address?

hi Golom

If I could just get the first name of the eldest wouldbe good as I also have a field DOB in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back