Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting images into a pdf document

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliveB

Programmer
Nov 22, 2001
EU
Hi,
I am trying to enable users to insert images into a pdf document. I know there is a method to insert an image as a button icon, which seems a bit of a fudge. If you use this method you need to have a button present already. This is not a problem but the fact that you need to have the size already defined, could be. Does anyone have any smart way to insert images any other way or, if not, does anyone have a way to dynamically define the size of the button upon which to insert the image (icon).
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Clive - I have read both your posts about attaching files and inserting images into PDFs and I think you don't understand the purpose of a PDF. They are not really supposed to have images inserted into them - this should happen before the PDF is created in whatever program the original layout is done. That's the point of a PDF - a final complete package that is not supposed to be changed.

I do not understand why you would want to 'attach a file' to a PDF like it was an email. You can combine PDFs if you have the full version of Acrobat. But you don't attach to PDFs. They themselves can be an attachment to an email.

The reason is,

I have found that what if you do not have the original document. I have to change a logo in a PDF and have tried doing it with no success with Touch Up Tool. Does anyone know how to do this?

You can attach files to a PDF, but they simply ride along as attachments.

To alter an image, you use the "Touch Up Object" tool. It will open your image editing program (you have to have one, of course). When you edit and save the file, Acrobat will update the image.

Thomas D. Greer

Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back