Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting html file to report

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerasi

Programmer
Jun 19, 2000
CA
Hello,
I'm trying to find a way of inserting an html file to a report. Is that possible with crystal reports 9?
I have an existing report and I want to insert an html file (no images, just text) so it's always on the first page. Is there a way to do it programmatically?
P.S. I can't just hard code the text into the crystal report, the html file is dynamically generated along with the report.
Thank you.

Let me put it this way:
While StressLevel Is High
Productivity -= 1
Marriage = Nothing
End While

There's an indirect method that might work for you, depending upon the html file being generated, and if you have any control over the design.

Set up an ODBC connection of type Microsoft Text Driver, and point it to the file. Have the designers use a format of a csv file.

Then use that connection to point to the file in a subreport within the report header.

So i guess the short answer is no, you can't link to a dynamic HTML file, but you can insert static images, or have an external database read the file in, or you can even insert it as an OLE Object (linked) that they can click on to read it.

-k

My cViewTEXT utility does exactly this. Create a subreport using the COM driver and point it at the cViewTEXT file driver. You can select a file dynamicly by linking the file name from the main report.

With Text interpretation, you can even get the HTML to format correctly.

A trial version is available from my web site.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back