Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inserting full page graphic box

Status
Not open for further replies.

StickMan

Technical User
Jan 2, 2001
US
can this still be done in WP versions after 5.1 DOS (wordperfect corp):

for example, the second paragraph on page 2 has a line that says, "...see figure 2-a". and because the figure is a drawing and is full page, the figure would show up on page 3 (figures always follow as closely as possible to the "reference".)

Now, in WP 5.1 DOS, a macro can be created to:
1 - ask user "what figure do you want to insert" (figures are "manually" numbered)
2 - the macro would then insert a full page graphic box on the next available page
3 - the text would then wrap from page 2 to page 4
4 - in the event that, say 4 paragraphs are added to page 1, pushing the "figure 2-a" line to page 3, the figure would then automatically move to page 4.

currently, in order to put in full page figures in WP 9, i would have to wait until the document was very close to finishing (that is, no more paragraphs to add to move text "down"), and then manually insert the box/figure, and then double check to make sure the reference and figures are close to each other. In 5.1, figure box insertion was automatic and i didn't have to worry about text wrapping incorrectly or the figure and the reference getting mixed up or out of place.

i have not been able to duplicate this in WP outside of ver 5.1. i've tried: converting the 5.1 macro in WP 6.1 (novell) and 9 (corel) with no luck. it seems the graphic box behavior has changed since Novell bought WP, or i haven't dug deep enough into WP to make this work.

any ideas would be great.

mike

I may have misunderstood so if I'm wrong just disregard this ! The way to make a full page graphic stay on the correct page and have the text "jump" over it to the next page so that nothing gets messed up doesn't require complicated macros.

Insert the graphic on the page you want it.
Right click the graphic
Select the Position option
Select the Page option in the "Attach box to" field
Check the "Box stays on page" check box in the bottom left of this window.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Patricia Ansin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back