Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting data to Excel row via VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesp1

Technical User
Feb 18, 2002
GB
Can anyone tell me how I can use VBA from MS Access to locate the row in Excel that holds a particular value?
My recordset will have as one of the columns a code e.g. OT1. A particular column in the receiving excel spreadsheet will have this value, and what I need to do is locate the row this is in so that I can write the relevant value into a specific column on that row of the spreadsheet.

Cheers

Lesp

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but..
I had to find data for an excel row from another excel file, I used an Access database with linked tables to find the data and update the first spreadsheet, is this similar?

In a databse have two tables, one linked to the spreadsheet, the other holding the info you are seeking.
Design a query showing both tables, and draw a link form one to the other. (Drag a field onto its opposit enumber and let go).
Set the query to update and fill in the source of data for the fields you need to be updated.

Run the query, the table or sheet will be updated.

HTH
telephoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back