Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting a table into an object

Status
Not open for further replies.

crsIDIOT

Technical User
Jun 14, 2008
US
I'm baaaaaaack.
Another question, hopefully more easy to answer...
I drew a rectangle, then converted it to a rounded rectangle. I now want to use the rounded rectangle as a border to a table. When I insert a table into the "object", the rows/columns don't align with the object's borders. For example, if I change the "fill color" of my first row, it extends beyond the border of the rounded rectangle. (Obviously what I want is for the row to stay within the confines of the border...)
Make any sense? Any suggests?
St. Andrew, are you out there?

Hi,

Tables can't be put into a rounded shape and recognize the shape as it border.

Neither can you have a table with rounded corners.

carlow

You can have a table with rounded corners but it's tricky.

You have to put a table into a normal text frame, with no frame on the border

Then create a frame with rounded corners

Then place the frame containing the table into the frame with rounded corners.

Then using the object (anchored objects: see help files) you can position it in the frame.

The last thing to do is take the whole thing and cut and paste it into your text and anchor that into your text.

There's another way (although this may be referred to in the link given by eugene) which I use. I create the rounded rectangle shape I want to use AND I create the table separately. When the table is complete (row fills, etc), I then cut it, select the previously created shape, then use the 'Paste Into' function. The table appears exactly what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back