Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting a Separator Page Before each Group Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

tancan74

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I have a report that I need to have a colored separator page print before each Group header. Does anyone have any idea how I can make that happen?

Set the group header to new page before, Not OnFIrst Record, and the group footer to New Page Afterm Not OnLastRecord to create a separator page.

I do not believe you can use more than one tray as a paper source in crystal reports, unless you use VB and the crystal RDC. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
714-348-0964
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Hmm, I've been racking my brain on this all day, and this is what I have. We are printing this report to a big Konica printer, that has the capability of printing a front and or back cover. I'm sort of playing along the lines of telling the printer via code in the report somehow, to print this "front cover" on every group header instead of printing it at the beginning and end of the report. I'm willing to give anything a shot, so please, anyone, HELLLLPPPP!

Insert a section below the report header, and create a "front cover" in Crystal. Place all the info you want on the front cover, and conditionally suppress it except for at the begining of each group. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
714-348-0964
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Alright, I'm narrowing down on the problem I think, but the result doesn't look good. I have two groups, the first is based on Dealers, the second is based on each dealers Customers. Now, in Crystal, each Customer's data is on it's own page. Then there is a blank sheet between each dealer, which is pretty darn close to what I want. I then setup my printer to print 2 pages/page, and duplex it. So, ideally, I am getting 4 CR pages to one actual page.

Front Printer Page 1
----------------------------------------------------------
Dealer1 |Dealer1
Customer1 |Customer2
CR Page1 |CR Page2
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Back Printer Page 1
Dealer2 |Dealer3
Customer1 |Customer1
CR Page3 |CR Page4
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Now, I absolutely, CANNOT have different Dealers (Group1) print out on the same page, but I also can't estimate how many customer pages are going to print for each dealer.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? One idea I had was to make the GH1 as big as four pages, then underlay it, but for some unknown reason, it doesn't want to underlay. Would that reserve at least 4 pages per GH1?
I would really appreciate any input on this!
Tanya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back