Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting a new cell without displacing the informations on the sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geokakis

Technical User
Jan 26, 2003
DE
I created a data sheet with excel and also wrote a program with VBA code that every changes made on this data sheet is automatically recorded on another sheet indicating the specific cell the changes was made and what value was changed. But the problem is that if a new cell is inserted into this data sheet, it automatically disalign the existing information on the row of the recorded changes sheet.

Can you help

You're finding out about the limitations of the event handlers in Excel. They work real nice for some things, then they're just not there when you need them for something else. As far as I know, there is no easy way to find out about an insert operation via an event. To do so, you'd almost need to keep an exact duplicate of the worksheet, to compare cell values before and after. A little more work than you're looking for, I'm sure...
Sorry I can't help more helpfully ;-)
Rob
[flowerface]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back