Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting a mini google searchbar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccs2

Instructor
Oct 8, 2003
GB
Can anyone help me with the code to insert one????

How do I manually Re-Index my site?

I have done several updates over a couple of days to our site. The standard Frontpage search page I use is now NOT detecting most of the new updates I added. (It has worked OK until now.)

The first of these updates I added, was just to text on the index page. The Frontpage search page finds these updates with no problem. The following day I added a new page to the site, and the search page does not detect this at all.

I have tried replacing the search page with a new one, but this made no difference. I have even re-published the whole site, but still can't find anything on the new page with the search page. After alot reading and serching I have assume that the site has not been indexed after the new page was added....? I have added and then later removing a another additional (test) page to the site to try to get it to re-index itself (suggestion from a post i read) but that did not work either...

I have even tried using 3rd party 'free' search tools, such as at these worked perfectly - but I only want my pages returned in the results. (The Frontpage search component did this with no problems and I would like to carry on using it.)

Our site is and is maintained with Frontpage 2003.

Does anyone have any suggestions as what I should try next? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated, as I have had enough sleepless nights trying to resolve this problem....

Many thanks in advance.

VERY Sorry - just hit the wrong button. I didn't mean to post this here - This is a new thread.

Sorry - to many sleepless nights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back