Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting a JPG in a image field 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

josesc

Technical User
Dec 18, 2000
BR
I don't have many experience with Sql server and I want to know how I can insert a JPG picture in a image field only using SQL language in other words only using the Query Analyzer.

You can use batch programs to load images or use the WRITETEXT and UPDATETEXT Transact-SQL (T-SQL) statements to insert them into SQL Server. SQL Server Books Online (BOL) includes code samples with the references for those statements.

If transactional consistency doesn't matter, or can be achieved programmatically, then it is easier to store the image outside the database as an ordinary file. Within the database just hold a UNC pointer to the file. This makes it easier to display/edit the data as the name can simply be passed to whatever tool is doing the manipulation.

Check out these articles for more info.

Terry

The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work. - Robert Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back