Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserted pictures and how to move them

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieRattle

Technical User
Oct 9, 2001
US
I want to insert two pictures and have them butt up against one another. currently i get a gap between them. If I use layers i can avoid this problem, but is there a way to do it without using layers? i can't seem to move the image so it will touch the other.

Hi ZombieRattle,

To slove this problem you have to place the pictures in two different tables one after one. This will be the only idea up to my knowledge. Try this out.

Regards

Prakash

Use a single table with two cells. Either two columns and one row or two rows and one column. Depends on if you want them butted up against each other vertically or horizontally.

Two Cells in a able on top of each other would look something like this:

<table width=&quot;100%&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot;>
<tr align=&quot;left&quot; valign=&quot;bottom&quot;>
<td></td>
</tr>
<tr align=&quot;left&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;>
<td></td>
</tr>
</table>

And two cells next to each other would look something like this:

<table width=&quot;100%&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot;>
<tr>
<td align=&quot;right&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;></td>
<td align=&quot;left&quot; valign=&quot;top</td>
</tr>
</table>

Of course you will probably want to change the table width, but you get the idea.

Hope this helps!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back