Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

insert word into acad 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandbunker

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
I can't figure out how to insert multiple pages of a word document into autocad 14. I'm clipping the entire page and also have tried "select all" but when I insert this file using "paste special" it only inserts the first page of the document. Is there anyway to correct this problem?
thanks

Generally people put autocad drawings in word documents, why are you trying this? S. van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

There is data sheet on a word document that needs to be put on a 36 x 24 sheet per client request. Usually the reverse is more common.

if the word document is text only you can save it as a txt file and then drop it into autocad.

hope this helps
rob

Ratio, thanks for your input ,but again it doesn't solve the problem of only inserting page one of the document even though I have selected all pages for insertion.

My guess is there is a problem with printer Page Breaks. Try formatting the page on a large scale plotter w/o Page Breaks, the Ctrl C and Ctrl V.

If u like to transfer all the text from the word file to Autocad you can copy the text from word
and paste it in Mtext command in the appropriate option.
and later insert the graphics if any. However I dont undersatnd why you prefer to put into AutoCAD when the reverse is mostly preffered.

I have found that ACAD limits the amount of OLE or pasting from excel, word etc. that you can cut and paste. One solution for what you are trying is to save the word document as RTF (Rich Text Format) and the import it into a multiline dialog box - this is an opting in the box.

Then the box is fully edittable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back