Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert new row in acess form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 11, 2006
US
I have a main form with employee information. I then have a a subform called cases where the emplid for the main form is linked to the subform by the field complaintee's id. The case no is the primery key (autofill).

In the case that there are more than one case for the employee, I want to be able to add a new case on the subform to the same employee's main form.

Try experimenting with continuous subforms. They have their pluses and minuses. But for the purpose you are speaking of, it sounds like you might want to try them.

How are ya 553 . . .

[ol][li]Is the relationship between [blue]emplid[/blue] & [blue]complaintee's id[/blue] a [purple]one to many[/purple]?[/li]
[li]If the above is true is your subform properly linked with [blue]Master/Child Link[/blue] properties?[/li]
[li]If 1 and 2 above are true then a [blue]continuous form[/blue] should work just fine . . .[/li][/ol]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back