Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

insert new record and query

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapata

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2003
NL
I need to be able to query my form with either id or name or deptno.
so far, anytime I try to do a search with an id or name, etc, i get message "do you want to save changes"?
if I say yes, it tells me the id already exists, which is good but when I say no, it asks me to enter f8 to execute. when I do that, it brings some already existing records.
I just want to be to pull up a record based on the id or name or deptnpo o any search criterium I choose to do a search with.
please help?

come on guys!
there are some forms experts here who can tell me how to setup my forms application to allow a user to search with whatever they choose to search for.
Nomally, the forms defaults to id.
but the user wants to have the ability to search with either id, name, deptid or specialty.
how do I set the forms up to do this and how do I stop if from asking me if I want to save when I am just querying?

Do you go into enter query mode before you type the id in?

If your visible fields are database columns then you should be able to query on any field.

You just solved the problem!
thanks lewisp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back