Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert Digits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garnerj

Technical User
Mar 2, 2002
US
I would like to insert a string of digits when my people call out. I have a new building starting up and it uses a simular did range. I would like for my people to be able to dial the last 4 digits and have my pbx insert the first three for this range only.

Example Building one has DID range 570-8000 to 8499 Building two has range 570-8500 to 8599.

I would like to be able to dial 8500 and have my pbx insert the 570 for just 8500 to 8599.
Any suggestions?

Fyi I have an ars setup so if I dial 9 and the extension It will work, is there a way to make this work without the 9?

In my dialplan when I try to assign a ars to a fiels I get feature not assigned. Uggg

garnerj,
Two questions. First do you have uniform dial plan on your switch? Run the command disp sys cust and on the right hand side of the second page you will see: uniform dial plan? with either a y or n next to it.
Second, do you have a tie trunk between these buildings? If you have both of these you could set up the DID range as UDP extensions and create a route pattern that will go over the tie trunk.

If you dont have a trunk between the buildingd you can
route the numbers 8000 till 8599 to a new route pattern
and insert there the digits 570.
When someone dial number 8000 the route pattern will insert
570. outgoing number will be 570 8000.

If you have R7 or higher the route will be:
Ars analysis
partition-route-table
route-pattern

before release R7 there is no partition-route-table

Greets, Bob Fox

Status