Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INSERT ANIMATED GIF ON ACCESS FORM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

baybie

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2002
GB
Can this be done and have it work as an animated gif and not a still image?.
What control do i use?

FOUND IT, Gif89.dll THANKS ANYWAY.

baybie - can you explain to me how you did this?

Thanks!

fred

Sorry i dodn't see your post on time fredk. PaulBricker's faq will help you.

Paul, I don't see the zip file agv10.zip on this list?

Thanks!

Fred

Sorry Fred, neither do I. I did a Google search for Gif89.dll and saw a few things that indicated there is a license problem which may explain why you don't see the .dll at that site anymore. I'm not sure where you would get it, but do a Google search and read some of the info. You may stumble across a copy someplace.

Paul

Thanks Paul - I appreciate your help!!!!!

Fred

[tt]
Hi:

I don't think there's any license problem with gif89.dll.

RHicks, who wrote the FAQ on animated gifs is the last one to suggest breaking the rules!

You can download what you want at the following URL:

I was pretty excited when I successfully put my first animated gif in a database. Then the users and I got so tired of the thing, I removed it and have never had any inkling to do another.

Cheers,[/tt]

[glasses][tt]Gus Brunston - Access2000(DAO Intermediate skills.
Webmaster: www.rentdex.com[/tt]

I wasn't trying to imply that rhicks was doing anything wrong. The site in the faq was simtel and the .dll wasn't listed there any more. I did a google search and ran into some discussions that indicated there was a license problem with the .dll. That doesn't mean it can't be downloaded but Google didn't return any sites on the first two pages where you could get it or indications where you could get it. I implied from that there might be some issue. I'm happy to see that it is still available. I downloaded it just to have around. Worth a star from me.

Paul

okay - dumb question(s) - how do I register it in windows? also is that all I have to do (foxpro?)

Thanks!!!

Fred

nevermind - I figured it out -

Thanks!!!

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back