Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert and view pdf in Filemaker 6 Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

florens

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2002
NL
I'm building an application which has two main tasks.
1. Controlling data about our clients (name, adress etc.),
2. Send letters (by template) to clients. (this template will either be in Filemaker or MS Word (not definitive yet).

Our clients all have their own logo's which are stored on .pdf somewhere on our harddisc (the path is always the same and the name of the file is the ID of the customer we use in Filemaker). One of the letters that will be send needs to have the .pdf file printed on it, or on a separate page with it. This needs to be done automatically, preferably with only one button.
I figured that I need to be able to show pdf's in Filemaker and searched the web. All I could find was how to get Filemaker data into a pdf which is actually the other way around. Is this possible? has someone done it before? How do I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Version: Developer v6
Platform: Windows XP

hm....I am a bit confused to what needs to be in PDF....but
take a look at:
deals with []inserting[/b]MS Words docs but the principal is the same.
Printing PDF is as easy as Print-to "Destiller"....currnet found records...records being viewed....etc.
"All I could find was how to get Filemaker data into a pdf which is actually the other way around"
U can not "pull data" from PDF into FM...PDF is the OUTPUT.
If u get your users to save their logos into image format then file handeling will be a lot easier than a "PDF page" containing the logo....u will save on space and filesieze...
HTH
ALl the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back