Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inquiry on AES Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

bankingguy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2017
SG
Hi All,

Just want to check if someone here experienced connecting 2 standalone recorder on a single AES? With the latest version of AES, is that now possible?

Yes you can have up to (I think) 2,000 client connections to an AES (think it's been possible since 6.x at least)

I've done it before (on 6.3) and we just created multiple accounts on the AES called witness1, witness2 etc

Going by your name if this is for a trading floor it's generally done with HA so you have resilient AES, HA CTI servers and N+1 or N+N recorders.

Creating multiple accounts is fine.
But my concern here is, most recorders are connecting TSAPI Link and DMCC. Like NICE, ACR and Verint i360. These in general can only be done 1:1 mapping. This is what i understand for a very long time and even Avaya pre-sales suggest this.

Can 2 standalone NICE or ACR or Verint record extensions without having an issue?

Difficult question:

You can have multiple shared station DMCC registrations, so different recorders can register against a single shared softphone.

e.g Verint now supports split stream recording for speech analytics etc, this is where it registers multiple recorders to a single shared softphone and each recorder can receive a specific parties media stream.

It really depends on what you want to achieve and that will dictate how you record the calls, there's lots of ways to record from active, passive, trunk or siprec etc

You're better of talking to the recording vendors pre-sales than Avaya as they tend to only know the vanilla recording setups.

So this is what i want to happen:

1. I have 1 AES with 2 standalone recorders (recorder1 and recorder2)
2. Both standalone recorders will record different extension ranges and NOT the same extension.

Recorder1 will record extensions from 88010 to 88019
Recorder2 will record extensions from 77010 to 77019

Can i connect recorder1 and recorder2 on a single AES or not?

Yes but you'll need enough licences to cover the recorder softphone and monitoring requirements for both recorders combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back