Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inquiry in Tivoli Monitoring !

Status
Not open for further replies.

php3390

Technical User
Feb 5, 2005
SA
Hello,
I'm new in Tivoli and I've been assigned to do some tasks. I wish you could help me in that.

We have several different servers in our environment and every group of servers are being looked after by different people i.e LN Administrators are taking care of the LN servers only and IT security are taking care of IT security servers only and so on. The current setup for now is when any user login through TEC Console will be able to monitor all the servers. I would like to check with you if it is possible to create different categories thus every department can monitor only their servers!

I appreciate your prompt response.

Regards,
Fareed

yes, you can do that for a particular servers with respect to groups. There is a criteria to create seperate console. Check out.

yes, you can create consoles for your different users. just create filters within your tec server. these filters can reflect hosts that you want to group. these filters can then be group to a tec console. assign these consoles to a user/s.

Hi. I would add on to walanjo's post with the following:

At least one event console must be defined. Inside that event console, you can then define different "event groups". It is these event groups that give you the power to split up your system monitoring. For example, in our TEC environment, we created a console called NOC. Inside NOC console are separate event groups for the Unix folks, the Novell folks, the Windows folks, etc.

Moving deeper, it is inside each of your individual event groups where you will define filters to separate out only the TEC events you want for that particular Event Group.

Hope this helps! If any other reader finds me to be full of applesauce (or even just a little wrong), please correct me.

Cheers!
Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back