Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INPUTBOX copy/paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

shumi99

Programmer
Mar 3, 2010
US
Hi,

I've believe I've seen this before but I need to know if there's a simple quick fix. When I "Copy/Paste" into the 'INPUTBOX' I get a funky strange character (not the text which I "copied".

Any workaround or quick fix?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
SCHUMI

It looks like the "ALT-0022" character.

Note, it works in VFP directly with an INPUTBOX not in my APP. In my APP, when I do crtl-v, I get that funky character.

any help please.

Thanks.
S

I've narrowed it down to 1 of these 2 commands that causes the problem. It's either:

SET SYSMENU TO or SET SYSMENU off

HOw can I fix it?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
S

It's the "SET SYSMENU TO" command that causes it.

Any fix? I don't want he users to see that menu.

Thanks,
S

The menu just has to exist, it doesn't have to be visible for the menu shortcut to work. So make sure you've defined the menu that includes Copy/Paste, just don't display it.

Tamar

Tamar,

How do I do that?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
S

Use the menu designer to create a shortcut menu that includes the items you want. Use Insert Bar to add the right system menu bars. Generate the menu.

Then open the file and remove everything on the DEFINE POPUP line after the name "shortcut" (including the SHORTCUT keyword). (You might want to change the popup name actually; you certainly will if you're using shortcut menus.) Remove the ACTIVATE POPUP line at the end. Save changes.

Then, when you want these items available, run this MPR. You'll only need to do it once and it'll stay in memory.

Tamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back