Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Input Parameters screen issues: multi-line and width

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statey603

Programmer
Nov 10, 2009
US
Crystal Reports 2013 allows me to declare an input parameter that is thousands of characters in length, however, the viewable input textbox associated with the parameter is limited to a few hundred characters. The textbox will allow entry of the max allowed characters, but the user cannot see the entire input. Does anyone have any idea why the input text box doesn't size itself to accommodate the number of characters specified by the string length [Max minus Min]? FYI: I am aware of the ability to hack the promoptengine2.css file to change the width of ALL input text boxes, but this seems a bit like overkill since only one of my input parameters requires this length.

More importantly, does anyone know why Crystal String Input Parameters cannot be multiple-line? A string variable certainly can handle a Carriage Return [CR], but as soon as a CR is entered in an input parameter textbox, the parameter screen considers the CR the end of the input. I just want to allow entry of simple, multiple line text into a string. This seems like an arbitrary limitation since the data type should handle a CR. I even read that older versions of Crystal Reports supported multiple line input parameters.

I guess my expectations were higher....thinking the report designers would have more control over the Input Parameter screen.

If anyone knows any ways around this, I appreciate suggestions.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back