Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Input masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

megbecca

Technical User
Apr 29, 2010
GB
Hi all

In microsoft access 2003, we are currently working on a form and need to create an input mask for a British telephone number, does anyone know what the code is

Hi,

Try:

(00000) 000009;;_

Note that the format of the British Telephone number, to my knowledge can be as follows:

0121 123 1234
01905 123123
01905 12312 - Only 5 in the telephone number.

As far as I understand, the standard format for a UK telephone number is (xxxxx) xxxxxy

ie 5 character area code (STD) and a 5/6 character local number. Most local numbers are 6, however, some still survive as 5

Obviously, the larger cities like London (0207/0208), Birmingham (0121), Edinburgh (0131) etc use a 4 number STD, then a 3 number Area/Exchange Code and then a 4 number telephone number.

When I've had to deal with this, I've put the input format as above, or just left it as a text field.

Hope this helps,

Fitz
Did you know, there are 10 types of people in this world:
* Those who understand binary
and
* Those who Don't!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back