Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INPUT KEEPS REPEATING

Status
Not open for further replies.

VspecGTR3

Technical User
Feb 3, 2003
US
i have a simple script that take information parses it and saves it to a external document. but when i leave the page and then go back to it, i cant see the information i inputed it normaly takes a while WHY IS THAT? and also sometimes when i hit back and then forward it inputs it twice whys is that

When you use the browser back and forward buttons it relaods from the cache (local)

F5 can be used to force a reload from the server in a local environment. But over the net you would have to do a 'hard' refresh CTRL + F5. This is on IE, Netscape would be sonmething similar.

This causes the browser to go back to the originating server to refresh the request, and not take a copy from a cache.

Just my interpretation, the terminology could be different, but the theory AFAIK is the same.

When you resubmit with the data in the form, its a new request as far as the server is concerned, hence twice the data

HTH
;P

well i use inline frame and i have a meta tag that refreshed every 10 second to view current data. is there away of doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back